The NLDRURS offers training and development to its members and other referees throughout the NLD through a dedicated Training and Development (T&D) team. The team is headed by the Society Match Official Development Officer (SMODO). The T&D team work to develop referees in all manner of ways from identifying and accelerating high-potential referee to ensuring all referees operate safely.
The T&D Team run regular training meetings during the season. This season, these are being held at different clubs in each of our regions as well as being streamed live to ensure we reach as many members as possible. The next dates are as follows:
- Tuesday 27th Sept @ Lincoln RFC, 1930-2100.
- Thursday 27th Oct @ Belper RFC, 1930-2100.
- Tuesday 22nd Nov @ Newark RFC, 1930-2100.
The T&D team work to develop referees in all areas, including to the point that they can be promoted to referee higher level matches in line with the grading policy which can be found here see the resources at the bottom of the page for the grading request form.
Match Official Development Forms
- Match Official Development Review Form 1
- Match Official Development Review Form 2
- Match Official Development Report (Form 2) Matrix
On-demand resources are available for all to use, as well as resources to help personal development with upcoming training events listed on the calendar at the bottom of the page.
- NLDRURS Grading Policy
- Grading Request Form
- Blank Personal Development Plan (PDP)
- Historic Training Sessions – NLD Ref Training on YouTube